St Mary’s Carboot Sale Colchester, Essex
Day: Every Wednesday | Time: 6:00pm - 10:00pm | Entry: Free | Pitch: £10.00 | Parking: £2.00
As the town’s shopping centres are open all day, along with many cafés and pubs, all within easy reach of the car park, this venue is ideal to have a day out in England’s oldest recorded town. Parking for the event is from 6.00 pm until 11pm. Although sellers must pack up before 11pm they may leave their car in the car park before the event (extra parking fees apply). The Boot sale area will be cordoned off, and no access will be allowed before 6pm. Vendors may park in another part of the car park and move to the sales area when it opens. Selling will commence at 7pm, with no access allowed to the public before this time. No vehicular exit from the selling area is allowed before 11pm, unless everyone is ready to leave. Sellers must bring their own tables. The maximum height is 2.06m, so do take this into account, especially if you have a roof rack.
This is an excellent venue, and moreover, before and after the event there is a perfect opportunity to explore the town with its lovely castle gardens, do some shopping, or indulge in a bite to eat in one of the eateries or pubs around the town. The car park is open 24hrs, so there is plenty of time to visit this historical town.
Nearest postcode: CO3 3AA
Please read the terms and conditions for vendors as these explain comprehensively what you can sell, and what you cannot. Below are 10 basic outlines of the main do’s and don’ts. The attendant’s directions must be followed, and they will assist you with any information you need. Please note we do not at yet have table to rent, so please bring a table, about the size of a wallpaper pasting table. These will leave space for buyers to circulate around the sale area safely.
- You must book in advance on the website – no cash is taken by attendants
- Please arrive before 6.45pm – There will be no refund for being late
- Your car has to stay until 11pm.
- No dangerous, stolen, counterfeit, pornographic, alcoholic or tobacco goods
- No smoking – please go outside, there are plenty of cafes and bars nearby
- Sorry, no dogs this keeps your dog safe from other dogs in a confined space
- Home produced fruit and vegetables are allowed – otherwise no selling food
- Height restriction 2.06 meters
- Take all your litter and packaging home – You will be charged for littering