Townsfield Street, Chelmsford Car Boot Sale, Essex
Day: Every Sunday morning | Time: 10.00am – 2.00pm | Entry: Free | Pitch: £10.00 | Parking: £1.50
The city of Chelmsford is in Essex. Accessed from the A12 and M11, J7, it has good links to central London and many surrounding Essex towns such as Romford, Colchester, Braintree and Basildon.
Throughout Sunday, many shops, cafés and pubs, are all within easy reach of the car park. Parking is from 10am until 5pm. Although sellers must pack up before 3.pm, they may leave their car in the car park and return before closing time. The Boot sale area will be cordoned off, and no access will be allowed before 11am for buyers. Selling will commence at 11.am, with no access allowed to the public before this time. No vehicular exit from the selling area is allowed before 3pm. Sellers must bring their own tables. The maximum height is 1.9m, so do take this into account, especially if you have a roof rack.
This is an excellent venue, and moreover, before and after the event there is a perfect opportunity to explore the City centre, do some shopping, or indulge in a bite to eat in one of the eateries or pubs around the town. The car park is next to the White Horse Bar and lounge, so there is plenty of time to visit and have breakfast or a snack.
Postcode CM1 1QX - Location of entrance Railway Street
Please read the terms and conditions for vendors as these explain comprehensively what you can sell, and what you cannot. Below are 10 basic outlines of the main do’s and don’ts. The attendant’s directions must be followed, and they will assist you with any information you need. Please note we do not at yet have table to rent, so please bring a table, about the size of a wallpaper pasting table. These will leave space for buyers to circulate around the sale area safely.
- You must book in advance on the website – no cash is taken by attendants
- Please arrive before 4.45pm – There will be no refund for being late
- Your car has to stay until 8pm – you can lock it car and come back later.
- No dangerous, stolen, counterfeit, pornographic, alcoholic or tobacco goods
- No smoking – please go outside, there are plenty of cafes and bars nearby
- Sorry, no dogs this keeps your dog safe from other dogs in a confined space
- Home produced fruit and vegetables are allowed – otherwise no selling food
- Height restriction 1.9 meters
- Take all your litter and packaging home – You will be charged for littering